Sunday, February 17, 2008

Just Playing Around!

What a great close to a long week/weekend. Pat and the girls were runing around the house, having a good old time. I couldn't help but take a couple of pictures.
It's was another busy weekend. I'm looking forward to bed (but I still have a couple of things to accomplish before that will happen). Pat and I had a "date night" on Friday. We are not very good at going out without the kids. I believe this is the first time that we have been out alone since Kendyl was born (other than work Christmas parties). It was nice, but over to fast. Next time maybe we will be brave enough to go to a movie as well.

Saturday morning I had an appointment first thing and then about noon we headed to Troy to see my dad. He has been transferred out of the hospital into a rehab facility. I believe he will be there for several weeks/months. Christian came with me and the girls stayed home with Pat. We were able to visit for several hours before we headed back to Grand Rapids....we had to beat the ice storm that was coming. We got home around 10:30, I caught up on e-mail and then watched TV for a while before heading to bed (Pat and the girls were already sacked out by the time we got home). Christian was a wonderful help during our visit. We had some things to take care of for my dad, and Christian jumped in and helped...boy did I raise a good kid.

Today we slept in until about 8:30, before Kendyl woke up. Lia got up shortly there after. We rolled out of bed and I got into the cleaning mood (it's about time, I can't remember the last time I cleaned), maybe it was the 40 degree weather. It's almost like spring. Unfortunately it's been raining all day, so I have a feeling tomorrow mornings commute to work is going to be rough. After cleaning we headed out to get Pat's hair cut, picked up a video game for Christian, went out to eat, did a little grocery shopping, dropped Christian off at his friends (they don't have school tomorrow) and then headed home.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful week, I don't have much planned for the week. Next weekend, I am going to have Christmas with some buddies from Ferris. We've been doing this for about 10 years now. My friend Lori has a new house and is hosting the event. We get to meet my friend Julie's new little girl. And it will be everyone's first meeting with Lia. It should be a nice time.

No comments: